Why Go Synthetic?
Unlike petroleum oils, which are complex mixtures of naturally occurring hydrocarbons, synthetic base fluids are man-made petrochemicals with performance-enhancing additives that have predictable and desirable properties. We have discovered how to rearrange molecules to develop unique lubricants for specific applications, giving synthetics significant advantages versus their petroleum-based competitors.
While there are many great reasons to use synthetic lubricants over traditional petroleum-based products, considerable cost savings is at the top of the list.
Here are some of the economic benefits provided by synthetics:
1. Increased service life of the lubricant (typically four to eight times longer than petroleum products)
2. Less lubricant consumption due to lower volatility
3. Reduced deposit formation as a result of excellent thermal and oxidative stability
4. Increased wear protection resulting in longer machinery life and less frequent maintenance and repairs
5. Reduced energy consumption thanks to increased lubricating efficiency
6. Improved cold weather flow properties, eliminating the expense of heat tracing oil lines
7. Reduced fire hazard resulting in safer environments and possibly lower insurance premiums
8. Higher productivity, lower manufacturing costs and less downtime
9. Reduced costs for used oil disposal
Summit has been manufacturing premium synthetic lubricants for over 30 years. We have some of the best products in the market, and our service team and sales professionals provide unmatched support to make sure our customers are using the best possible lubricants for their specific applications. If you’d like more detailed information on the new, cost-effective synthetic lubricants for the 21st century, please contact Summit today. We are glad to help in any way.