Fix varnish problems in your turbine with Summit CTPS Series
May 10, 2021
There are few threats more significant to the efficiency and reliability of a turbine system than the sludge and varnish that forms when the lubricant can’t handle the job. To combat the lubricant’s deficiencies while keeping the turbine in operation, companies try a variety of different half-solutions:
- Varnish removal filtration systems
- Bleed-and-feed programs to keep the oil “fresh”
- Frequent oil changes and maintenance
But these solutions treat the symptoms, not the cause of the problem. They can also be time consuming and expensive.
Summit’s CTPS Series lubricants are specially formulated to solve the sludge and varnish issue at its core. They reduce the initial varnish formation by increasing solubility of oxidation by-products and thermal degradation products.
Increased solvency and decreased tendency for varnish formation means increased reliability of servo valves in shared hydraulic lubrication applications. Additional benefits of using CTPS Series lubricants include:
- High FZG load rating and increased solvency make it a great choice for use in geared and non-geared turbines
- Reduced wear rates and increased efficiency for geared turbines
- Can more than double your lubricant life compared to petroleum oils
- Far exceeds most standard requirements set by major OEMs
Don’t settle for expensive and ineffective solutions. Stop the varnish before it starts with CTPS Series (ISO 32 and 46). Contact Sam Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joshua Ware (Joshua.Ware@klsummit.com) today to find out more about how CTPS Series can save you time and money.