Troubling times forcing you to cut costs? Save money with the NGP Series!
May 11, 2020
With oil and gas prices dropping, it is important for companies to ensure high value for time and money spent at operating plants. Our NGP Series lubricants are tailor-made for rotary screw and reciprocating gas compressor application so that your units can run longer.
It utilizes synthetic properties – at petroleum costs – with these benefits:
- Reduces the need for seasonal lubricants with pour points as low as -27°F (-33°C) and high viscosity indices
- Lower viscosity can be used in most applications which means better pumpability at low temperatures and better film strength at higher temperatures
- Prevents corrosive effects of wet CO2 and H2S gases
- Feed rates can be reduced 10- to 15-percent for cylinders and packing on reciprocating compressors
The properties of Summit’s NGP Series highly refined, partial-synthetic blended lubricants with additive technologies approach those of a synthetic PAO. These additives enable the lubricant to outperform competitive mineral oil or R&O products.
Used in the wrong applications, R&O and Mineral Oils can:
- increase wear rates
- lower the compressor’s efficiency
- increase horsepower consumption
- increase oil carry-over
- fail to inhibit against corrosion
- produce varnish
But our NGP Series is made to combat some of those issues.
In summary, NGP Series products will save you money in both the short-term and long-term by providing: excellent lubricating properties, extending lubricant drains, reducing maintenance costs, increasing compressor run time, and adding greater margins of safety.